The South American Network of Applied Economics / Red Sur launches the findings of its global research project "Restructuring Public Debt for socioeconomic recovery and Sustainability in Africa and Latin America" at the webinar Public debt and the environment: perspectives from the Global South, on October 2, 2023. This final event is organized by Red Sur with the collaboration of the International Development Research Centre (IDRC), the Economic Research Forum (ERF) and Finance for Development Lab (FDL), and the participation of all research centers from the consortium. The research is based on in-depth studies in Ethiopia, Nigeria, Uganda, Bolivia, Honduras and Paraguay.
Research centers conducting national case studies:
- Nigeria: Centre for the Study of the Economies of Africa (CSEA)
- Uganda: Economic Policy Research Centre (EPRC)
- Ethiopia: Institute of Development Policy Research (IDPR) and the Department of Economics of the Addis Ababa University (AAU).
- Bolivia: Fundación ARU
- Paraguay: Centro de Análisis y Difusión de la Economía Paraguaya (CADEP)
- Honduras: Sergio Sánchez and Gerson Urtecho, independent researchers
Through different methodologies and approaches, each national study makes recommendations and reflections on policy implications.
Stay tunned for the latest articles on the project and videos ***coming soon
* This research was led by Red Sur within the Project "Restructuring Public Debt for socioeconomic recovery and Sustainability in Africa and Latin America", with the support of the International Development Research Centre (IDRC, Canada), under the leadership of Arjan de Haan.
Academic coordination was under the responsibility of a Technical Coordination team, led by Fernando Lorenzo (Centro de Investigaciones Económicas, CINVE/Red Sur), composed of Andrés López (IIEP-UBA-CONICET/Red Sur), Ramiro Albrieu (Red Sur), Luis Miguel Galindo (Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, UNAM) and Álvaro Ons (CINVE/Red Sur), with contributions from Cecilia Alemany (UN Women), Paul Okwi and Walter Ubal from IDRC.
** For additional project information, to coordinate interviews, please contact:
Red Sudamericana de Economía Aplicada/Red Sur
South American Network on Applied Economics/Red Sur
Linked-In: @Red Sudamericana de Economía Aplicada